ROADTRIP! We're about to picnic+paddle Moon Lake (text or call for last-min booking) -- how bout you? We called friends across the Delta to confirm what else is open this weekend. Plenty of outdoor, socially-distanced options starting 1hr from Memphis! Highlights include:
4) CLARKSDALE: Visit Clarksdale for LIVE MUSIC outdoors daily: Lightnin Malcolm sunset shows at The Shack Up Inn Sat+Sun, Sunday blues brunch with Watermelon Slim & Monday with "Big A" Sherrod at Bluesberry CAFE (schedule: LiveFromClarksdale.org). The famed Cat Head Delta Blues & Folk Arts is open Sat 11-4 & Mon 11-2, and Abes BBQ is open daily!
5) TALLAHATCHIE: Experience civil rights history in Tallahatchie County with the Emmett Till Legacy Foundation's multimedia driving app.
7) GREENWOOD: The Money Road Unity Festival has great music Saturday, and there are great self-guided tour options via Greenwood Convention & Visitors Bureau. Visit Turnrow Books Sat, and book an appt at The Alluvian Hotel and Spa Sat+Sun. Old Time Farmer's Market is open Sat+Mon for great local produce, plants -- and roadtrip snacks!
9) GREENVILLE: The ultimate steak dinner is at Doe's Eat Place - The Original, open Sat only. For an awesome patio, try Spectator's Pub & Patio...then walk the levee or fish Lake Ferguson beside it!
10) FARMLAND! Take a backroad to explore our famously fertile land. The cotton is in bloom and corn and rice are now harvesting.
There's beauty, and beautifully hospitable people everywhere.
Get outdoors AND stay safe: the great American roadtrip is making a comeback... There are free, socially-distanced self-guided tours everywhere, live music outdoors, and local restaurants that can't wait to serve you classic Southern food.
Come Visit the Mississippi Delta -- we can't wait to welcome y'all here!